For the aspirants of SSC 2017 here we have SSC Current Affairs for upcoming Exam CHSL and CGL exam. All the aspirants are suggested to follow us for regular updates of General knowledge and current affairs.
1. Who topped the 2016 Forbes World’s Most Powerful People List?
a) Donald Trump
b) Angela Merkel
c) Vladimir Putin
d) Barack Obama
Answer : Vladimir Putin
2. The Union Government is planning to develop 60 solar cities across the country. The population criteria for inclusion of a city in this project is
a) Between 50000 and 50 lakh
b) Between 60000 and 60 lakh
c) Between 70000 and 70 lakh
d) Between 80000 and 80 lakh
Answer : Between 50000 and 50 lakh
3. The Home Ministry has alleged that Pakistan intelligence agencies are spying on Indian security forces using four mobile apps. Which of the following are the 4 applications?
a) Moboplayer, NexGtv, Vine and VeeR VR
b) Top Gun, Mpjunkie, Bdjunkie and Talking Frog
c) FastFilmz, Shayari, D J Player and Colorfly
d) Zeus, iNoty, VuiT and INOX
Answer : Top Gun, Mpjunkie, Bdjunkie and Talking Frog
4. Which Indian state is planning to create a Wagah-like border viewing point?
a) Jammu & Kashmir
Answer : Gujarat
5. . Identify the country that abolished the controversial Kafala Labour System.
c) Saudi Arabia
Answer : Qatar
6. Which Indian Celebrity has been appointed as the newest Global Goodwill Ambassador of the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF)?
a) Amitabh Bachchan
b) Priyanka Chopra
c) Aamir Khan
d) Deepika Padukone
Answer : Priyanka Chopra
7. Name the biography titled on Gymnastic Dipa Karmakar that was released in 2016?
a) The Ascension
b) The Worrier
c) The Small Wonder
d) Rise The Bar
Answer : The Ascension
8. Name the legendary horse jockey who died recently and was the rider of the Shergar?
a) Frankie Dettori
b) Mick Fitzgerald
c) Michael Stoute
d) Walter Swinburn
Answer : Walter Swinburn
9. High Court of which state ruled that a child born out of rape is entitled to compensation?
d) Uttar Pradesh
Answer : Delhi
10. Which footballer won the 2016 Ballon D’OR award?
a) Lionel Messi
b) Luis Suárez
d) Christiano Ronaldo
Answer : Christiano Ronaldo
- Objective Type GK and Current Affairs for SSC 2017
- Weekly Current Affairs January 2017 for SSC Exams | GK 2017
Current Affairs for SSC 2017
The ambitious Ken-Betwa river linking project has received formal environment, forest and tribal clearances. The project aims at addressing water needs of dry swathes in Madhya Pradesh and Uttar Pradesh.
The National Institution for Transforming India (NITI) Aayog has called for a review of the provisions of the Right To Education (RTE) Act that stipulate children who do not perform well cannot be held back up to 8th Class.
India’s factory output, measured by the Index of Industrial Production (IIP) has registered 5.7% growth in November 2016 as against 1.9% in October 2016.
The Supreme Court has rejected a plea urging it to pass judgement on Jallikattu before the harvest festival of Pongal. It had also dismissed the review petition against its 2014 verdict.
The Union Ministry of Minority Affairs has decided to set up a six-member committee to look into the Hajj subsidy issue.
Union Textiles Minister Zubin Irani on 12 January 2017 announced that Memorandums of Understanding (MoUs) worth Rs 8835 crore were signed in textile sector. The MoUs were signed during 8th Vibrant Gujarat Global Summit 2017 in Gandhinagar.
Former Union minister Manish Tewari has been appointed as a Distinguished Senior Fellow at the South Asia Center of the Atlantic Council, a leading US think-tank on policy matters.
According to scientists, a new plate boundary may be forming on the floor of the Indian Ocean in Wharton Basin as a result of the 2012 earthquake that shook the Andaman-Sumatra region.
The discovery was based on the study of seismic data recorded before, during and after the 2012 quakes and sea floor depth analysis by venturing into the ocean aboard a research vessel.
The Union Ministry of Health & Family Welfare will roll out measles-rubella (MR) vaccine in the Universal Immunisation Programme (UIP) in February 2017.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated India’s first international exchange India INX at the International Financial Service Centre (IFSC) of GIFT (Gujarat International Financial Tech) City Gandhinagar, Gujarat.
Gujarat government launched India’s first student startup and innovation policy with an aims to provide Rs 200 crore in the form of grants to ideas developed by students.
Researchers from Midwestern University have identified the function of the human appendix, often viewed as a vestigial organ with little-known use.
The Child Sex ratio at birth (SRB) in the State of Haryana crossed the 900-mark in the year 2016 for the first time in almost two decades. In December 2016, the SRB in the state was 914.
The Delhi Airport on January 10, 2017 informed that has adopted a unique performance and benchmarking digital platform, ARC, and claims that it is first in the world to adopt such platform.
- Scientists from Tohoku University in Japan have claimed that Silicon (Si) is the ‘missing element’ in the Earth’s core. This discovery could help us to better understand how our world formed.
- India was ranked 92nd among 118 countries in the 2017 Global index of talent competitiveness (GTI) list. The index measures ability of countries to compete for talent i.e. how countries grow, attract and retain talent.
- Top 10 Countries: Switzerland (1st), Singapore (2nd), United Kingdom (3rd), United States (4th), Sweden (5th), Australia (6th), Luxembourg (7th), Denmark (8th), Finland (9th) and Norway (10th).
- India ranked 60th among the 79 developing countries in 2017 Inclusive Development Index (IDI) released in World Economic Forum’s (WEF) ‘Inclusive Growth and Development Report’.
- The Union Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change (MoEFCC) has notified the Graded Response Action Plan to combat air pollution in NCR Delhi region.
• It is with this country Union Cabinet agreed for a MoU in the field of IT and electronics – Serbia