Here we have Current Affairs January 2017 Monthly and Weekly Current Affairs 2017 for upcoming competitive Exams. Daily GK updates for ssc cgl chsl and cpo 2017. complete solution for the aspirants of SSC Exams 2017. Complete Study Material like General Knowledge , Current Affairs and Tricks. SSC Notification and calendar also available.
The 74th Annual Golden Globe Awards ceremony was organized at Beverly Hills, California, United States (US).
- Best Motion Picture Drama: Moonlight.
- Best Motion Picture Musical/Comedy: La La Land.
- Best Director in Motion Picture-Drama: Damien Chazelle for La La Land.
- Best Actor in Motion Picture-Drama: Casey Affleck for Manchester by the Sea.
- Best Actress in Motion Picture-Drama: Isabelle Huppert for Elle.
- Best Actor in Motion Picture or Musical or Comedy: Ryan Gosling for La La Land.
- Best Actress in Motion Picture Musical or Comedy: Emma Stone for La La Land.
- Best Actor in a Supporting role in Motion Picture: Aaron Taylor-Johnson for Nocturnal Animals.
- Best Actress in a Supporting role in Motion Picture: Viola Davis for Fences.
- Best Original Score Motion Picture: Justin Hurwitz for the La La Land.
- Best Original Song: “City of Stars” (Justin Hurwitz, Pasek & Paul) for the La La Land.
- Best Animated Feature Film: Zootopia.
- Best Foreign Language Film: Elle (France).
- capped off a remarkable 2016 by breaking the for the most· The Dutch driver, who became the youngest ever F1 winner when he won on his first appearance for Red Bull, , according to data calculated by Pirelli.
- A Digital Investigation Training and Analysis Centre (DITAC) has been set up in Gurugram, Haryana. It aimed at improving the capabilities of Haryana Police in solving cyber crime cases
- won Badminton World Federation (BWF) at the Players’ Reception and Gala Dinner in Dubai
- Justice Jagdish Singh Khehar was sworn in as the 44th Chief Justice of India (CJI). He will retire from his office on 27 August 2017.
- Air Marshal SB Deo taking over as Vice Chief of the Air Staff (VCAS) at the Air Headquarters (Vayu Bhawan) on January 2, 2017.
- Incumbent Chief Minister and former Congress rebel Pema Khandu and six other lawmakers were suspended from the People’s Party of Arunachal (PPA) for allegedly breaking party discipline.
- Shri Sanjiv Ranjan (IFS: 1993), presently Ambassador of India to Argentina, has been concurrently accredited as the Ambassador of India to the Oriental Republic of Uruguay, with residence in Buenos Aires (Argentina).
- Chinese e-retail giant Alibaba, which has made investments in India’s Snapdeal and Paytm, is setting up its first office in India in Mumbai.
- The 14th edition of Pravasi Bhartiya Divas (PBD) began in the country’s IT hub Bengaluru, Karnataka. The theme of this edition is “Redefining Engagement with the Indian Diaspora”.
- The Union Government has appointed Viral V Acharya (42) as new Deputy Governor at the Reserve Bank of India (RBI). He will have regular three-year tenure.
- Anil Baijal has succeeded Najeeb Jung as the Lieutenant Governor of Delhi and NCR. He took oath as the new LG, today, on December 31 in a ceremony held at Raj Niwas, Civil Lines. He was administered the oath of office and secrecy by G. Rohini, Chief Justice of Delhi High Court.
- China has recently begun operations of Shanghai-Kunming line, which is one of the world's longest railways.
- India has signed an agreement with Bhutan for assistance in green and sustainable construction of infrastructure in the Himalayan Kingdom. According to a statement an MoU was signed between central Ministry of Urban Development and Department of Engineering Services, under Bhutan’s Ministry of works an Human settlements for the purpose in Thimpu.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched UPI based mobile payment application called BHIM (Bharat Interface for Money) at the Digi Dhan Mela held in Talkatora stadium, New Delhi.
- The Union Government has approved the re-designation of the Delhi-Mumbai Industrial Corridor Project Implementation Trust Fund (DMICPTF) as National Industrial Corridor Development & Implementation Trust (NICDIT)
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has laid the foundation stone of Char Dham highway development project or Chardham Mahamarg Vikas Pariyojna in Dehradun, Uttarakhand.
- Assam Government rolled out ‘Atal-Amrit Abhiyan’, a health insurance scheme to provide coverage against several critical illnesses.
- US-based scientists have developed a bacteria-powered battery (bio-battery) on a single sheet of paper, which is capable of powering disposable electronics.
- Competition Commission of India approves merger of Bharatiya Mahila Bank with SBI
- United Nations launches strategy to minimize environmental footprint of its peace operations
- Eminent modern Bengali poet Shankha Ghosh was chosen for the prestigious Jnanpith Award for the year 2016. He is the 52nd recipient of Jnanpith Award.
- 7.4 Magnitude Earthquake Strikes Japan Triggering off Tsunami Warnings
- The National Consumer Day is observed every year in India on 24th December. On this day the Consumer Protection Act, 1986 had received the assent of the President.
- The Odisha Government launched the Biju Sishu Surakshya Yojana, a scheme to nurture the orphan and HIV-infected children residing in different child care institutions and orphanages.
- Himachal Pradesh Raj Bhawan adopts cashless system after PM’s appeal
- RBI limits cash withdrawal from Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana accounts
- RBI relaxes cash withdrawal limits from bank accounts
- Melting of Arctic ice cap could trigger catastrophic climate change
- National Milk Day observed in memory of Verghese Kurien
- Taxation Laws (Second Amendment) Bill, 2016 introduced in Lok Sabha
- Union Government forms Chandrababu Naidu Committee to promote digital economy
- Melting of Arctic ice cap could trigger catastrophic climate change
- Climate Change Performance Index 2017 released
- India successfully test-fired its home-grown long range intercontinental surface-to-surface nuclear capable ballistic missile Agni-5.
- Supreme Court orders Status Quo on Sutlej-Yamuna Link canal land
- Australia’s Great Barrier Reef suffers worst coral die-off on record
Objective Type Current Affairs Quiz
1. Name the person who was elected as the President of the 90th Akhil Bharatiya Marathi Sahitya Sammelan.
a) Mahesh Elkunchwar
b) Shripal Sabnis
c) Vijaya Rajadhyaksha
d) Akshay kumar M Kale
Answer : Akshay kumar M Kale
2. Whose search for new habitable planet was recently supported by NASA?
a) Mark Zuckerberg
b) Stephen Hawking
c) Steve Jobs
d) Bill Gates
Answer : Stephen Hawking
3. Following Matteo Renzi’s referendum defeat, who has been invited to form the new government of Italy?
a) Paolo Gentiloni
b) Angelino Alfano
c) Roberta Pinotti
d) Andrea Orlando
Answer : Paolo Gentiloni
4. Tata Industries during an extraordinary general meeting (EGM) removed a person from his post of Director. Name him.
a) Natarajan Chandrasekaran
b) Cyrus Mistry
c) Pallonji Mistry
d) Noel Tata
Answer : Cyrus Mistry
5. Name the foundation who’s 100 Million for 100 Million campaign was flagged off by President Pranab Mukherjee Campaign on his 81st birth anniversary.
a) Azim Premji Foundation
b) Children's Development Trust
c) SOS Children's Villages India
d) Kailash Satyarthi Children’s Foundation
Answer : Kailash Satyarthi Children’s Foundation
6. Indian boxer Vijender Singh recently knocked out which of the following boxers to retain the WBO Asia Pacific Super Middleweight title?
a) Abasi Kyobe
b) Kerry Hope
c) Egy Rozten
d) Francis Cheka
Answer : Francis Cheka
7. This country became first in the world to legally approve the 3-parent technique.
a) The United Kingdom
Answer : The United Kingdom
8. Who has won the Miss World 2016 title?
a) Yaritza Reyes
b) Stephanie Del Valle
c) Catriona Elisa Gray
d) Evelyn Njambi
Answer : Stephanie Del Valle
9. Who won the Sir Garfield Sobers Trophy for ICC Cricketer of the Year 2016?
a) Steven Smith
b) Ravindra Jadeja
c) Ravichandran Ashwin
d) None of the above
Answer : Ravichandran Ashwin
10. Who of the following won the Sahitya Akademi Award 2016 for the Hindi language?
a) Nasira Sharma
b) Kamal Vora
c) Sitanath Acharya
d) Gita Upadhyay
Answer : Nasira Sharma
Some Questions and Answers in Hindi
1. सुन्दरलाल पटवा किस राज्य के पूर्व मुख्यमंत्री थे?
सुन्दरलाल पटवा मध्यप्रदेश राज्य के पूर्व मुख्यमंत्री थे| हाल ही में सुन्दरलाल पटवा का मध्यप्रदेश, भोपाल में निधन हो गया है|
2. भारत में आयोजित हो रहे 2022 राष्ट्रीय खेलो की मेजबानी कौनसा राज्य करेगा?
भारत में आयोजित हो रहे 2022 राष्ट्रीय खेलो की मेजबानी मेघालय करेगा| वर्तमान में मेघालय राज्य ओलंपिक संघ के अध्यक्ष जॉन एफ खर्सिंग है|